Ringwood Field Naturalists Club Inc.
Founded in 1961, the Ringwood Field Naturalists Club provides a friendly & informal forum for
people to share and explore their interest in Australian Natural History.
The Club caters to all areas of Natural History by having a varied programme. Our monthly meeting features expert talks on wide-ranging topics, and we have monthly excursions and twice-yearly camp-outs across Victoria. Whether it is exploring the world of native orchids, photographing plants and wildlife or simply identifying the birds visiting your garden, the Ringwood Field Naturalists Club is sure to have something to offer.
The Club has:
To see the range of speakers and events that we run, have a look at our Club programme - Click here
Here's the latest Club Newsletter - The Whistler - Click here
To learn more about the Club - come along to our Monthly Meeting - 7:30pm on the second Wednesday of the month, held at Maroondah Federation Estate in Ringwood.
Click here for more details.
Or you can drop us an email (click here) and we will get in contact with you.
- Monthly meetings - guest speakers, member presentations, photograph displays, exhibits
- Weekend excursions - usually an all day field trip to a place of Natural History interest
- Autumn & Spring camp-outs - a bi-annual weekend away to a country area for in-depth exploration
- Field-care days - tree planting/weed removal at local sites around Ringwood
- A bi-annual Newsletter - excursion reports, photos and articles from members
- An extensive natural history library - available for borrowing by members.
A New Orchid BookSpider Orchids: The Genus Caladenia and its Relatives in Australia
Gary Backhouse, well-known orchid expert and co-author of 'Wild Orchids of Victoria
', has released a new ebook titled ‘Spider Orchids: The Genus Caladenia and its Relatives in Australia
’. Following on from his first ebook - ‘Bush Gems: A Guide to the Wild Orchids of Victoria, Australia
’ - this new title focuses on the Caladenia
family and its relatives.
Both books are expertly written with over 7000 photos in each, and can be ordered from Gary's website
on either CD, USB or SD card - perfect for carrying in the field on your tablet or mobile phone.
© 2018 Ringwood Field Naturalists Club
Wednesday 10th - Monthly Meeting
Speaker: Dr Graeme Lorimer
"Orchids: A Naturalists Perspective"
Friday 12th to Sunday 14th - RFNC Spring Camp-out to Bendigo
Leaders: Sandra & Don Redman
Further details at meetings.